Last Updated July 15, 2020
Pink Lotus Canada Ltd (“PLCA”) operates and maintains the web pages located within the following URL’s on this server: https://pinklotus.com.au/powerup
- Information Collection
- Information Use
- Information Sharing
- Third-Party Ad Networks
- Access to and Control of Information
- Data Security
- Data Retention
- Data Transfer
- External Links
- Contact Information
Information Provided Voluntarily
- Member Contact Information: We will collect personal information that you provide to us, including, but not limited to, your name, e-mail address, photograph, birth date, country of residence, social media handles, etc and other personal details that you decide to make available on your Power Up Site member profile page. Such information is necessary to facilitate your access to, use of, and participation in our services, including, but not limited to social networking, group discussions, crowdfunding, events, forums, Breast Buddies, etc.
- Payment Information: If you choose to make a purchase on the Power Up Site, we and/or our third-party payment processors will collect your payment information, including, but not limited to, your credit or debit card number, card verification value (CVV) number, and expiration date.
Information Collected Automatically
- Your web browser or mobile device automatically provides information when you visit the Power Up Site, including, but not limited to, your Internet Protocol (IP) address or unique device identifier.
- Cookies are pieces of stored information on a user’s computer or device that are tied to information about the user and used to provide smoother navigation throughout the Power Up Site, such as to store a saved password; to identify user trends, such as page views; and for other internal purposes, such as to assess the effectiveness of the Power Up Site and the services PLCA offers. You have the option of setting your computer to disable cookies or to alert you when cookies are being used. If you choose to disable cookies, please be aware that certain portions of the Power Up Site may not function properly.
- Log files store information such as a user’s IP address, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, platform type, date/time stamp, and number of clicks. Like most websites, the PLCA server uses log files to analyze trends, administer the Power Up Site, and track users’ movement on the pages they visit.
- The Power Up Site and our services are not directed toward children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect information from children. If we become aware that a child has provided us with information without parental consent, that information will be deleted from our records.
PLCA uses the information that we collect to provide our services and to operate our business. We may use and store such information for legitimate and lawful business purposes, for example, in order to:
- provide a service or product you requested
- maintain your member account
- provide your member benefits
- analyze and evaluate member and prospective member needs and interests, and improve the member and prospective member experience
- notify you of official business, news, activities, programs, events, meetings, conferences, services, products, and benefits
- track event, meeting, or conference attendance
- track education related activities
- process payments
- respond to communications and inquiries that you send to us
- respond to a notice of alleged copyright infringement
- promote the function, safety, and security of our services
- for other legitimate and lawful business purposes.
For individuals located in the European Economic Area, we rely on multiple legal bases to collect, use, share, or otherwise process your personal data, including that:
- you have given consent, which you may withdraw at any time
- it is necessary for us to perform a service for you
- it is necessary for us to comply with legal obligations
- it is necessary for our or a third party’s legitimate interests
- it is necessary for us to perform a task in the public interest or for our official functions
- it is necessary to protect someone’s life.
To the extent we rely on our legitimate interests as a legal basis to collect, use, share, or otherwise process your personal data, those interests include: provide a service or product you requested; maintain your member account; provide your member benefits; analyze and evaluate member and prospective member needs and interests, and improve the member and prospective member experience; notify you of official business, news, activities, programs, events, meetings, conferences, services, products, and benefits; track event, meeting, or conference attendance; track education related activities; process payments; respond to communications and inquiries that you send to us; respond to a notice of alleged copyright infringement; promote the function, safety, and security of our services.
Personal information may be given to a third party in order to complete a specific business transaction on behalf of PLCA. Such transactions may include the following:
- Your name and contact information, as provided to PLCA, may appear on registration lists distributed at PLCA events, meetings, and conferences, and other third parties, including, but not limited to, exhibitors or sponsors. We are not responsible for use or misuse of your personal information by exhibitors, sponsors, or the like.
- We may share your personal information with third-parties that provide services to PLCA including, but not limited to, administration/operation support; marketing, promotions, and communications; program, event, meeting, or conference enrollment, registration, planning, hosting, or management; website hosting; database management; payment card processing; or other data processing.
- We also may disclose personal information if we become subject to a subpoena, court order, or law enforcement or other government agency inquiry or investigation or if we are otherwise legally required to disclose such information. We also may use and disclose information about you to establish or exercise our legal rights, to enforce the Terms and Conditions, to assert and defend against legal claims, or if we believe such disclosure is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take other action regarding actual or suspected illegal or fraudulent activities or potential threats to the physical safety or well-being of any person.
- If all or part of PLCA is merged into or otherwise transferred to another entity, we may transfer the personal information you provided to us to such entity as part of that transaction.
Third-Party Ad Networks
Access to and Control of Information
As a member-based social network community, PLCA takes your privacy and the protection of your personal information seriously, and we will provide you with reasonable access to and control of the personal information that you have provided to us. You may request to update your personal information or to opt in or out of any service offerings at any time.
For individuals located in the European Economic Area, you may have additional rights concerning your personal data, such as to access, obtain a copy of, correct, or delete that information or to withdraw your consent or object to the collection, use, sharing, or other processing of that information. To make any request with respect to your personal information, please contact PLCA as set forth below in the Contact Information section.
We employ reasonable physical, electronic, and procedural security measures to safeguard your personal information and to help protect against unauthorized access and disclosure. Online registration information, such as payment card information, will be secured using a commercially accepted method of encryption. However, please be aware that no method of electronic transmission is completely infallible, and we cannot guarantee its absolute safety. We encourage you to use reasonable care in how you handle and disclose your personal information, user name(s), and password(s). If you become aware of any breach of the Power Up Site security, please contact us immediately.
If you are visiting the Power Up Site from outside Australia, please be aware that you are sending information, including personal data, to Australia where our servers are located. That information may then be transferred within Australia or to other countries outside Australia other than your country of residence. Countries other than your country of residence, including Australia, may have data privacy and protection laws that differ from, and potentially provide less protection than, the applicable laws in your country of residence.
There are external links to other websites throughout the Power Up Site. Please note that PLCA is not responsible for the privacy policies of those other websites and hereby disclaims any liability or responsibility in connection with such linked websites.
Pink Lotus Canada Ltd
1 Yonge Street
Toronto, ON M5E 1W7